Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Imagine That

I made out with Marlon Brando, the hot young one from Streetcar Named Desire,  It was in a dream, but  when you wake up and remember your dreams does it feel very different than a distant memory of an actual event?  So as far as I'm concerned, I remember kissing Marlon Brando, and it was great.  People retreat into imaginary worlds to escape life or at the very least take a break from it (TV, video games, romance novels).  I prefer inviting the imaginary world to escape into my life.

Several years ago while on vacation in Disney's Animal Kingdom there was an african dance show.  I've always loved african rhythms and these particular dancers were charming and energetic.  I decided to take them home with me, in my mind, so that when I needed a lift I would have a little troupe of backup dancers. When my energy was waning in a workout, when dealing with exasperating people, or just having a bad day, I would glance over behind my shoulder and there they were.  Smiling broadly, dancing exuberantly, sending positive vibes my way.


No comments:

Post a Comment