Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Give Me a Break

I couldn't think of anything to write about today, but I think I figured out why.  It is during break times that my mind makes connections between things.  Like taking a shower or a ride in the car--the mind is busy but not really engaged.  It is free to explore.  I did take a shower by the way but I rushed through it trying to get to work on time.  And my commute to work is not long enough to be inspiring.  Perhaps I should move farther away.

That's why I think summer vacations are a great idea for kids.  After 9 months of learning they can spend three months playing and relaxing but their subconscious minds are putting it all together.  Keeping what it needs and coming up with new ideas. I think long breaks are a great idea for grownups too but I'm not sure how to personally swing it.  Even so, eventually, all vacation would restrict creativity as well.  You need to strike a balance between diversity and routine.  I'm going to go take a break and hopefully tomorrow I'll have more to say to show for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment