Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Easily Distra...

There was a single frame comic in the free magazine they gave to Curves members of a woman holding up a placard which said "Easily Distra..." Like the woman who could not stay on task long enough to finish her sign, it does not take much to divert my attention.  An enticing fragrance, annoying repetitive sound, itchy tag, beautiful sunset can distract but I often enjoy the little paths I'm led on during the course of the day.  As long as I can get my work done, the kids fed, my blog written what harm is done?  I respect the people that can keep the beat steady--the bass player, the drummer, the conductor.  It takes a special kind of focus, or at least the ability to split focus.  And without that steadiness everything would crumble, and the interesting distractions would be lost in the debris.

No comments:

Post a Comment