Monday, February 13, 2012

Room with a View


From my seat at the table there is a great view of the back yard through the French Doors.  There are many places inside and out to enjoy the property but I think that seat is my favorite.  I focus on the scene through each of the small white window panes so instead of one large view of the backyard, it can also be viewed as about 64 small ones.  The ripped up kite at the top of the tree that none of the kids could figure out how to get down despite the hours trying in hopes of winning the award money.  The section in the tree perfect for perching on while deciding which branch to climb to next.  The tire swing.  The bright sky behind the treeline in the distance.  Animal tracks.  Ski tracks.  Little pictures of our life that are easy to study in small pieces; more likely to notice the details.  

I've been thinking about my day in much the same way.  If someone had asked me earlier this evening how my day had been, I would have said "Pretty crappy."  That was the overall feeling at least.  But breaking it down into the smaller panes changes the view.  There was a section of parenting trials and tribulations, a section of banking errors, and computer system freezing at work. There was a section of burning my lunch, sick kid, grounded from phone kid, and fixing banking error.  There was a section for eating cookies, one for a conversation with my supportive boyfriend, one for laughing with the boys while watching The Voice, listening to guitar practice and writing.  What a view.

No comments:

Post a Comment